What is a chat-bot? They are computer programs designed to have a conservation with human beings over the internet.
There are 2 types
- AI [Artificial Intelligence] based bots — AI based bots have intelligent meaningful conservations with humans.
- Fixed bots or multiple choice bots — script-based can be controlled and safe
How can chat-bots contribute to your business
1. Improve Customer Service
Extensive Customer Assistance
83% of online shoppers need help during shopping to comprehend which product best match their needs & budgets. Chat bots can provide assistance in real-time like a sales person in a real store.
Always -Available Customer support 24/7
Chatbot can be programmed to provide automatic answers to repetitive questions and forward the request to a real person when a more complicated action is needed. This way the agent focusses more on essential cases rather than on the easy query.
Proactive Customer Interaction can initiate
No company has the manpower to initiate a communication with all their customers periodically, chatbots let you to start a conversation with each customer regarding any concern, any time of the day. This will make your customers feel your brand is one step ahead hence improving your brand image.
2. Increase Customer Engagement
Chat-bots can contribute by making the engagement more interactive- usually with a great sense of humour. They don’t bore the clients with unnecessary information and keep the customer flowing by sustaining the conversation.
3. Monitoring Consumer Data and gaining insights
Through simple questions, chatbots collect feedback that helps you make an improvement on your services/products and optimize your websites by adjusting low converting pages.
4. Better Lead Generation
A bot can ask the necessary and related questions, persuade other user and generate a lead for you.
5. Cost Saving
Implementing a full functional chat-bot is much cheaper and faster than creating a cross-platform app or hiring employees for each task.
6. Keeping up with the trend:
This way you can be present on messaging platforms.
- Global chat bot markets are expected to grow exponentially between 2018–2023 — Credence Research
- 85% Customer interaction will be managed without a human by 2020 — Gartour
- 32% of executives say voice recognition is the most widely used AI technology in their business
- 6 billion connected devices will proactively ask for support by 2019 — Gartour
- Chatbots have been around since the 1950s.